Thursday, April 25, 2013

Promising Hope


"Wow! Look how brilliant the colors are!" (Yes, our nine year old talks like that!)  As April, Parkinson's Awareness Month, comes to a close, I thought that I would share with you what appeared here in West Virginia last night.  Check it out!

Earlier in the month, I was at a lost on what I could do, this 47-year-old-grey-haired-hott-mama-of-four, to raise awareness about Parkinson's.  Sadly, I didn't manage to raise thousands of dollars, erect educational displays, or even offer the slightest glimpse of a cure.  If anything, it's just nice to know that we are not alone in this effort for Parkinson's Disease or any other challenge, for that matter. Well, at least it is for me anyway.

But you know what, this double rainbow was unusually brilliant.  A quick snapshot from my phone really doesn't do justice to the spectacular display the Hott family shared.  Appearing at the close of what has been one crazy month with everything from track meets, soccer games, talent show, Fun Nite, to a plethora of appointments ranging from multiple neurologists, dentists (my least favorite) diagnostic oncologist, to even a surprise request from Dan's cardiologist (golly that's a lot!), this rainbow rising from W. Va's emerald hills served as my reminder that no matter how crazy your storm is, whether it's PD or something else, there is always hope.

"I have set my bow in the cloud, 
and it shall be a sign of the covenant 
between me and the earth." Genesis 9:13

God promised!

1 comment:

T.White said...

So Beautiful!!! And, yes, God is always there to help us thru the storms:)