Tuesday, January 7, 2014

In God's Hands

If I've heard it once, I've heard it a million times; "It's all in God's hands."

Have you?  I know.  I get it.  I pray for God's will, for my life to be in God's hands.  Don't you?  At times, I even consider what it would be like to actually "be" in the hands of God.  I mean, to have Him hold your every being, feeling his strong and powerful presence in good times... and bad.  Grace is a cool thing, isn't it?

Today, while roaming around Facebook on a frigid January afternoon, I stumbled across a picture that brought a unique image of this familiar phrase "In God's Hands".  Sure, I was enjoying the posts about the Arctic Vortex, cancelled schools, recipes for a cool winter day from chilli to chocolate chip cookies.  What began as regular "what's happening" on Facebook kinda thing ended up as a "Wow....." like never before.

You guys probably enjoy keeping up to date with family from far and wide as I do.  Social networking is a pretty cool tool to share our major life events, right?  Well, please allow me to share with you a recent story from the extended Hott family.

Just last week, on Tuesday (New Year's Eve), Dan's nephew from Chambersburg, PA, Tim Hott, posted that his wife, Kate, took a little unexpected trip in a helicopter.  This air travel was an emergency flight to York to deliver their daughter.  Weighing in at a whopping 2 lbs 14 ozs, Charlotte Ruth Hott was born.  (Can I hear a Praise God!)

This past week has been a plethora of pictures of the proud parents, hospital visits, four (yes, 4!) excited siblings -- even roaming robots in hospital hallways!  Today... well, today as I was enjoying the one week birthday hospital photos of our gorgeous little great niece, I came across this of their little miracle, Charlotte, holding hands with her Daddy:


Before you continue, go back and just look at this picture again. Forget the freezing cold weather, piling bills, struggles, and whatever else is happening in your life, and look at this picture.

Tim, a new dad, comforts Charlotte by holding her tiny, frail, little hand in his.

I want my heavenly Father to hold my hand too.  Don't you?

             "Behold, I have engraved you on the palms of my hands."  Isaiah 49:16

Father, Please keep little Charlotte Ruth safely in your hands, may she feel your love as you cradle her and bless her new life which gets stronger every day.  I praise you, God, for blessing us with tiny Charlotte and the privilege to see your miracles and share her story. Thank you for the reminder that we are all truly "in God's hands"...!

No comments: