Thursday, November 13, 2014

Politicans and Parkinson's Disease Always




U.S. Senator Cory Booker.  Do you know him?  Honestly, I really don't have a clue who he is. With the recent election, politics have invaded my family time with incessant calls on our home phone - always during dinner!   I am not the most political savy rower in the boat, that's for sure!  But, when the National Parkinson's Foundation shared this link, I listened!

Even if I do not follow politics closely on national matters as well as I should, my radar always perks up when I hear any elected representative of the people speak on Parkinson's Disease.

U.S. Senator Cory Booker's message in this short video is no exception!

I especially like what he says about recognizing the early signs of Parkinson's Disease.  For this, I congratulate and admire his promotion and support during this Caregiver Month:  November.  Countless times, someone will ask me how Dan (my husband) knew that he had Parkinson's Disease.  We eagerly share the story from 2008 when his neurologist gave him the news:  "You have Parkinson's Disease."  In fact, a cousin just asked me about the specifics and how to get help.

Well, here is the answer!  Thank you Corey Booker, U.S. Senator, whereever you are!  With this helpful video, resources from the National Parkinson's Foundation are ready and waiting to assist!  In my experience, all you have to do is ask; and a friendly compassionate person from NPF is waiting to guide you!

Now, go watch and share this clip!

No comments: